This Hand Forged Pewter Shepherds Crook Fastener is forged from steel. The skilled craftsmen are able to draw the steel which gives a finer tail detail than is found on cast fasteners, providing a really beautiful piece of furniture.
The fastener is reversible – not handed – so can be fitted to either the left or right hand side of the window. It is also suitable for use on windows with a draught seal.
TheHand Forged Shepherds Crook Fastener comes with a Mortice Plate, for use with windows that have a central mullion. If your windows are flush, you will need to order the seperate Hook Plate.
The Pewter finish is elegant and beautifully highlights the texture of the steel. It is equally suited to contemporary homes as well as period properties. The finish has excellent anti-corrosion properties but we do recommend that it is wiped with a lightly oiled cloth periodically. This will help to remove surface dirt and restore it back to its original condition.
Never use any form of metal cleaner or aerosol spray.
Supplied with matching fixings. The screws supplied are hand finished, so please take care when fixing. Always use a pilot drill and rub screws with candle wax before fitting.
Hand Forged Pewter Shepherds Crook Fastener
- Handle Length – 101mm
- Fixing Plate – 59mm x 19mm
- Mortice Plate – 76mm x 19mm
Locking versions of these fasteners and matching casement stays are also available.
Due to the hand crafted nature of the products all measurements are approximate. These should be used as a guide only.
Delivery time is usually 2 – 3 working days.
Country House / Rustic
For in stock items (either with us our suppliers) to the UK Mainland, orders are usually dispatched within 1 - 2 working days.
For delivery to UK Highlands and Islands, EU and International destinations, in stock items are usually dispatched within 2 - 3 working days.
Many of our products are manufactured to order, particularly those made in the UK. Where this is the case the following applies:
- Items that are made to order cannot be returned, unless they are faulty.
- Lead time on Made to Order items and Specialist Finishes can range from 2 - 5 weeks - we will advise you when we process your order. You will have the chance to change your mind at this point.
- Usually they are dispatched directly to you from the manufacturer, if you are concerned about accepting delivery please speak to us as we can arrange for your order to come to us first and then we can make more specific arrangements with you before dispatch.
- Please check your order confirmation and invoice carefully to make sure you have ordered the correct items, size, finish etc and let us know within 48 hours if there has been a mistake.
If you have any questions about lead times just give us a call, we can check stock and advise you of your options.
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you have purchased.
- You have 28 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- You must contact us to obtain a Returns Number and Returns Form.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged securely, that the product packaging is undamaged and all parts including fixings are present - you must use an outer packaging, please don't attach anything to the actual product boxes themselves, otherwise we will not be able to refund you.
- You are responsible for returning the goods to us safely and securely at your own expense.
- Items that have been made to order cannot be returned.
If an item is Faulty or your have something missing from your order please contact us as soon as possible.
For more information, view our full Returns information.